The Social Media Abyss
I’ve been working hard this year, trying to get my blog noticed by more readers. I recently discovered the powerful connections between WordPress, Twitter and Facebook. Now I’m stumbling through, learning how to work that big machine. I was one of those naïve bloggers, a year and a half ago, thinking I just had to post something and people would find me. Then I discovered the great experience of following other blogs and jumping into a community of commenters and likers. That has been very rewarding and it has given me confidence. And now I’m standing on the edge of the social media abyss, thinking, “Wow, but how?”
What about you? Are you a new blogger and are you trying to figure things out? Or are you a long-time blogger? Maybe you are somewhere in the middle like me. Have you connected your WordPress blog to other social media?
So, let’s start a conversation! Let’s trade blogging ideas and social networking tips. Here are just a few questions to get this rolling:
- What’s your blogging routine? Every day? Once a week or somewhere in the middle?
- What’s your favorite part of blogging, getting your opinion out there, receiving comments and likes, reaching out to other bloggers?
- How do you connect with people who aren’t on WordPress?
- Are you making money with your blog?
- Do you want to make money with your blog?
- Do you check your stats a lot? Are you disappointed when your views go down?
- How do you find people to “Like” your Facebook page?
- What’s your Twitter strategy? How much time do you spend following and tweeting? Do you retweet and favorite a lot? What about direct messages?
- Are you out there on Tumblr? What about Google+?
- And last, how do you manage your time? (Because we all know this takes TIME!)
I think we could have a great dialogue here. So leave a comment and let’s get this rolling!
Thanks for visiting!